Maverick: Setting up offline maps
Maverick automatically cached map after downloading. For a small area, just connect to Wi-Fi and scroll map to place you are planning to visit. Every downloaded tile saved to SD card and will be available without Internet connection.
1. Download maps with Atlas Creator. YouTube video guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CJ8Ju-choE
2. Copy maps to SD card while keeping the following folders structure:
- /sdcard/maverick/tiles/mapnik/0/0/0.png.tile - for OSM Mapnik.
- /sdcard/maverick/tiles/googlemaps/0/0/0.png.tile - for Google maps.
Complete folder structure:
photos in jpg format/tiles
tracks in gpx format/Waypoints.kml
Note: currently supported listed map sources only. Custom maps/folders will be added in the future versions.
Map Tile Packs
You can also download complete map tile packs in AndNav format.
To convert these maps for use in Maverick:
- Download and install Extension Changer.
- Right click on folder and select Edit the Extension.
- Click Yes when asked to include subfolders.
- Enter tile as extension and click Change.
- Copy maps to SD (step 2).