Direct Folders starts and then crashes
I love this product and use ir all day everyday
I got a new laptop and installed v4 and something went wrong I think
I have tried removing and re-installing but cannot get it to work... :-(
Any help would be truly appreciated...
Hi, Mr. Moore.
I had the same problem but I fixed it (kind of it).
The short answer: Delete the folder "Direct Folders" under C:\Users\[your username here]\AppData\Roaming\ , then run DirectFolders version 4 installer and choose "Repair".
(You will lose your configuration. See the complete answer, maybe you can avoid lose it)
The complete answer:
I was using Direct Folders v3.8 before, so I had some things configured yet. When I updated it to v4, it stopped working. Then I ran config.exe under C:\Program Files\Direct Folders and I got the message "no mapping for the unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page" and some others error messages after pressing Ok and Files or Folders.
After clicking at "Edit in Notepad", I saw there are older files in C:\Users\[your username here]\AppData\Roaming\Direct Folders. I deleted this folder (as described in short answer) and repair installation.
Everything is working fine now. (Except I have to configure it again).
I wonder if my old configurations had unicode characters or some sort of incompatible things.
Well, it's a workaround.