How to make TeraCopy faster
By default, the Windows built-in virus protection system will check every file processed by TeraCopy. This will slow down file transfers significantly, especially if you copy a lot of small files. However, it can be easily fixed by whitelisting TeraCopy:
- Press the Win key, type Windows Security, and press Enter.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Click on Manage settings.
- Scroll to Exclusions.
- Click on Add or remove exclusions.
- Add Program Files\TeraCopy folder.